Job ID: JDS Stu Engagement
Date Listed: July 28, 2022
Jakes Divinity School is seeking a Student Engagement and Events Coordinator (SEEC) who will plan and implement a year-round calendar of special events for the JDS students. The SEEC will lead in the development and planning of on-site, off-site, and virtual student events; create student life opportunities, support JDS clubs and organizations such as the Ambassadors and Alumni Association, and provide leadership opportunities for students. The SEEC will coordinate all aspects of event planning including event coordination, communication dissemination, overseeing logistical details, and creating and monitoring event budgets. The SEEC will report to the Director of Enrollment Management and Student Services.
– Oversees, assesses, and evaluates all initiatives and activities related to student engagement and events that are centered on student learning and development outside of the classroom, co-curricular learning, and service opportunities including but not limited to:
o New Student Orientation
o Welcome Week
o Spring Residency
o Fall Symposium
o All-School Virtual Lectures
o Mentorship Moments
o Master Classes
– Leads the planning and execution of new student orientation programs with multi-media approaches. Directs all logistical aspects of orientation planning.
– Oversees and provides support for the Ambassadors, Alumni Association, clubs and organizations, civic and community services activities, and student leadership development.
– Maintains and secures records relating to student engagement according to the requirements and needs of Jakes Divinity School.
– Collaborates with institutional stakeholders to promote student retention and programming
– Collaborates with the JDS team and various departments to ensure the development and maintenance of a robust student engagement program and in the development of a strategic plan for student leadership and engagement
– Implements, maintains, reports, and disseminates a comprehensive assessment and evaluation program for all areas of responsibility and recommends strategies for improvements
– Ensures the preparation and dissemination of appropriate materials promoting student engagement programs and events
– Develops and disseminates monthly newsletters to students
– Coordinates with JDS IT Administrator about event information to be posted on JDS website
– Disseminates JDS scholarship information to students based on eligibility criteria, and coordinates and organizes the selection committees to ensure fair and equitable scholarship awarding
– Participates in the formulation and maintenance of an annual student engagement budget
– Makes presentations in front of various group sizes
– Promotes a positive image of JDS by developing and implementing high-quality events
– Performs other duties as assigned to support the overall operation of JDS
*These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related area such as higher education leadership, business management, and organizational leadership.
• Ideal external candidates should have 1 to 2 years professional work experience in a higher education setting preferably theological education.
• Ideal internal candidates should have background in student activities and/or event planning
• Demonstrated proficiency using MS Excel and MS Word.
• Must understand the correlation between student engagement and student retention
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Critical and creative thinker who has a high standard of integrity and is motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure
• Take initiative and independently plans, organizes, coordinates and performs work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands and deadlines are involved
• Anticipate, investigate, and analyze problems and address them proactively
• Work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
• Ability to make responsible decisions
• Collaborate and be effective working with diverse populations
• Present a professional image in word, action, and attire
• Apply effective techniques to create effective working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
• Ability to travel when requested to fulfill job duties and represent JDS
Click the button below to open your default email application and attach your resume.