Position: Project Administrator II
Business Performance Department Project Administrator Level II is responsible for the propagation and compliance to the project process flow across the enterprise. Assists with developing key personnel within each department to become coordinators of the project process and expert users of project management applications. Works across multiple departments to define scope and produce deliverables on time and within budget. Project Administrator works with the Business Performance Director to oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of specific enterprise wide projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and possess ability to work in high pressure situations.
- Must have very fluent PC skills including MS Office Products.
- Minimal experience with MS Project and MS Visio.
- Must be a highly motivated with strong analytical skills.
- Project Management Certification is preferred but not required.
- Defines the scope of the project in collaboration with department heads and senior management.
- Identifies key stakeholders, core team members and steering committee members for a given project.
- Completes the project Charter and provides data for prioritization.
- Works with stakeholders to create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Works with department heads and senior management to determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Works with stakeholders and core team to determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Monitors the execution of the project according to the project plan.
- Monitors the project budget (projected vs. actual).
- Creates materials for and facilitates weekly status meetings.
- Prepares escalation information for steering committee members.
- Creates and maintains a risk register.
- Identifies cross-project dependencies and their impact on current project.
- Keeps stakeholders updated of project slippage and works with team to recalibrate promptly.
- Reviews the quality of the work completed with the core team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works under normal conditions in an office environment.
- Some travel may be required.