Position: Media Planner and Buyer (mid-level, on-site)
Job ID: Media Planner
Date Listed: March 9, 2022
We are seeking a Media Planner and Buyer to lead multi-channel campaigns that drive desired actions (increased awareness, viewership, and engagement) in support of T.D. Jakes Ministries initiatives and programs.
The Media Planner and Buyer is responsible for full lifecycle planning, monitoring, and evaluation of paid campaigns that leverage the power of national, regional, and local TV, cable, OTT, radio, and billboards to name a few. Campaigns will support efforts like Church holidays, international conferences, special/milestone events, highly visible initiatives and will need a leader to manage from concept to execution, tracking, reporting, and media effectiveness analysis.
You are passionate about developing, executing, and managing effective media buys. You are also a collaborative team player who takes ownership of projects, effectively communicates across departments and workstreams, and partners with internal stakeholders and external vendors to proactively move projects forward.
- With limited supervision, proactively initiates and recommends multiple, often concurrent, integrated campaigns in support of goals, including but not limited to ticket sales, event RSVPs, event participation, lead generation, growth, member engagement and retention, awareness building, etc.
- Owns and is responsible for the management of projects, including but not limited to day-to-day management and optimization of assigned programmatic campaigns; plans and negotiates network, national cable, syndication, OTT, etc. schedules to meet and/or exceed goals; reports on the overall effectiveness of projects, recommending any tweaks or adjustments to improve results based on intuition, experience, and data.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance and provide proactive optimization recommendations using data-driven insights.
- Seeks and evaluates strategic media opportunities to reach and connect with new and existing audiences.
- Negotiates schedules to effectively manage maintenance, make goods, discrepancies, and reporting.
- Cultivates and maintains effective relationships with networks; collaborates with the CMO and serves as a key contact with networks.
- Identifies, evaluates and communicates new media opportunities at least quarterly.
- Drives KPIs by analyzing campaign metrics and providing project reporting, recommendations, and recaps to highlight how goals were achieved making recommendations for changes in best practices as needed.
- Responsible for monthly content creation for highly-visible, national broadcast sermon series schedule that integrates with the donor direct mail campaign. Consists of researching current and archived sermons, building out a calendar that week-by-week points back to a monthly theme. Ongoing work with several internal departments to ensure broadcast is executed accurately.
- Attends meetings as needed or requested by the CMO, including internal/external presentations.
- A. in Advertising, Business or Marketing. Relevant degrees considered
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in multi-channel media strategy, planning and buying
- Demonstrated success in managing campaigns from assignment to execution and evaluation
- Experience in traditional broadcast spends and OTT, as well as evolving opportunities (native content, podcasts, etc.)
- Excellent communication and cross-functional relationship skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Organized and proficient at managing multiple tasks and campaigns simultaneously
- Must be agile, able to swiftly adjust to changing priorities