Position: JDS_Online Education Systems Administrator
Job ID: Online Ed Systm Admin
Date Listed: January 29, 2020
Online Education Systems Administrator
Jakes Divinity School is seeking an Online Education Systems Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software and networks. This position is responsible for conferring with vendors and services, developing, testing, and designing system infrastructure.
- Providing support to faculty, students and staff using the campus LMS Canvas and its integrated tools (Student Information Systems, CRM, WordPress, etc.);
- Developing and delivering training workshops and support documentation;
- Reporting usage statistics and analytics reports;
- Testing upgrades and new integrations; and
- Advising supervisor on recommended system enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or technology, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, in the area of education, faculty support and/or instructional technologies;
- Professional work experience providing user (faculty/student/staff) support for learning management systems or similar online applications (highest priority given to those with experience in Canvas Learning;
- Demonstrated ability working with users, creating training materials, and facilitating workshops;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer service-oriented environment; and
- Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving, and creative thinking skills.
- One or more years’ professional work experience providing user (faculty/student/staff) support for educational technologies and online applications (highest priority given to those with experience in Canvas in an academic setting;
- Basic knowledge of HTML and graphics skills;
- Experience supporting web conferencing tools (highest priority given to those with experience in Canvas, Jenzabar SONIS, and/or SharpSpring CRM) and multimedia applications; and
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well with technical staff, software support staff, and vendors.