Position: Inventory Control Data Specialist-Sales
Job ID: Inventory Control Data Specialist-Sales
Date Listed: December 5, 2023
Closing Date: 03/05/2024
The Inventory Control/Warehouse Specialist will oversee the documentation of materials both in stock and on order, proactively tracking reorder thresholds and taking the initiative to restock inventory as needed. Additionally, will be responsible for identifying and resolving any inventory discrepancies, promptly notifying the supervisor of any irregularities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels in Clover Point of Sale System (POS), Shopify and Studio Enterprise software platforms; process purchase orders as required; tracks orders, and identifying and resolving and related issues.
- Conducting inventory counts for materials, equipment, merchandise, or supplies at the Café, TPH Dallas and the Ft. Worth Church location.
- Fulfills and distributes stock requests to appropriate locations and departments.
- Records acquisitions, managing databases, conducting sporadic, monthly and yearly inventory audits, and comparing physical stock counts to computer-generated reports for reconciliation.
- Receives deliveries, unpacks, affix labels and distribute goods; restock items as necessary. Organizes stock rooms and labels shelves as needed.
- Conduct periodic material counts following the “ABC” categorizing system, overseen by the Inventory Control Lead.
- Investigate inventory inconsistencies and provide precise reports on inventory and bin locations.
- Collaborate in identifying the underlying causes of inventory discrepancies and support the implementation of corrective measures to prevent recurring errors.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service and Sales department to process and document any necessary returns, adhering to established protocols.
- Executes regular administrative tasks, such as inputting and refreshing data in the POS, Shopify, and Studio Enterprise systems, handling phone inquiries, and providing customer assistance.
- May serve as cashier and handle cash and cash-related payments.
- May assume leadership role, providing direction and training to staff members, interns, or volunteers engaged in similar tasks. Additionally, may contribute to volunteer recruitment efforts as relevant to the operational area.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Completed Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution. Degree may substituted for High school diploma or GED; with related experience.
- Considerable physical activity. May require handling of objects that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office or warehouse work environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn new software systems and procedures quickly.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel, Teams and Word.
- Knowledge of Zoom.
- Knowledge of best practices in Inventory Control and warehouse management. Knowledgeable about supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering via online portals.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to input updates in all platforms.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Clerical, and/or office skills including, data entry and filing for record retention purposes.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, requiring minimal supervision to complete tasks.
- Ability to handle pallet jack for inventory movement.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental/Vision insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8-hour shift
- Ability to work from 6:30 am – 2:00 pm on Sundays and some Wednesday nights from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm and other non-traditional work hours as needed.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% of the year.
The preferred candidate is a resourceful individual with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with exceptional written and verbal communication skills. They should excel in collaborative settings, working effectively with both teammates and interdepartmental groups. This candidate must be adaptable, capable of making timely decisions, and able to follow instructions in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. Such tasks shall be capable of being performed with reasonable accommodation, if necessary, that does not impair a business necessity or impose an undue business hardship and without presenting a direct threat to the safety to the applicant or others.