Position: Digital Sales Specialist/Product Development Specialist
The primary goal of this position is to help drive the expansion of our online sales through the development of unique and innovative products. The candidate must have the ability to think critically about all aspects of online sales including managing vendor relationships, sourcing products, ensuring product quality and production schedules are met, managing inventory and staying abreast of new products and industry trends. This individual will utilize their sales acumen to assist with the strategic oversight and day-to-day management of The Potter’s House of Dallas (TPH) eCommerce platforms with specific focus on meeting customer needs and ongoing, data-driven enhancements. This is a unique position in a new department requiring a creative, sales driven, out of the box thinker with an entrepreneurial drive and a demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the ministry, the business, and market trends. This individual will assist with developing marketing and user experience efforts to optimize eCommerce conversions, assisting the Digital Sales Manager (DSM) to align with TPH’s Digital and Marketing teams strategies and drive revenue through the sale of physical and digital products to contribute to TPH’s mission. May also be responsible for collaborating across departments to champion sales strategy, developing product concepts and road-maps, and maintaining platforms that deliver a user-friendly, eCommerce experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least five years of relevant experience, 1-3 years of experience in retail, sales, hospitality or a customer focused support role is preferred
- General knowledge of promotional products, decorated apparel, warehouse and fulfillment
- Experience maintaining CMS and eCommerce platforms including pricing, promotions, and product management for both physical and digital products
- Experience with digital marketing strategies, campaign planning and implementation, KPIs, and reporting across channels and tactics
- Experience creating and optimizing digital content. Proven success optimizing content for increased engagement and conversions with conversion funnels, SEO best practices, personalization principles, and testing methodologies a plus.
- Exposure to the web design and development processes
- Experience with market research, web reporting, data analytics, including practical knowledge of data-driven KPIs and report development. Expert level Microsoft Office skills, with experience with GA, and social media channels. Mac OS, Adobe Suite a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, and ability to communicate with all organizational levels
- Pro-active, Accountable, Self-motivated and comfortable working both independently and as part of collaborative project teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with attention to detail. Ability to travel as needed locally and overnight stay
- Ability to utilize vendor relationships to locate high-valued, collectible merchandise to sell on ecommerce platforms.
- Perform extensive research on items to be posted and determine the best possible price.
- Inventory Control: Keep track of product availability to avoid stock outs and backorders.
- Assist with photography of items, identifying and staging and organizing product shots to be used for the website and other marketing purposes. Sort pictures and send to a third party for background removal and then check them for accuracy and then upload to the website
- Uses data to shape product design decisions and launch and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the ecommerce portals, including content updates, pricing and promotions, product management, customer communications, and marketing. Will be required to provide deliverables and adhere to timelines conducive with meeting departmental goals
- Create and manage ecommerce and related content to understand user profiles and customer journeys to proactively identify customer needs and optimize conversions. Will work in partnership with TPH’s Digital and Marketing teams to develop and deploy strategies for improving customer acquisition, engagement and retention by leveraging available analytics and SEO best practices to develop content
- Work closely with customer service to execute content and site enhancements and effective processes for maintenance that improve user experience and increase conversions and retention.
- Generate ecommerce reports, including campaign performance, product performance, user behavior, and content as requested to measure success. Leverage available analytics and tools to measure/understand user trends and growth opportunities and make content improvements and product recommendations based on these insights
Closing Date: Open Until Filled