Position: Digital Copywriter
Job ID: Digital Copywriter
Date Listed: November 17, 2022
Who you are:
An imaginative, competent copywriter with experience creating on-brand copy for diverse audiences. Helping ministries tell their stories excites you. You enjoy writing biblically sound, engaging, and empowering copy. You effortlessly manage multiple projects and priorities under tight deadlines. You’re the consummate team player who works well with graphic designers, copywriters, and copy editors, among others. Your resilient, positive spirit inspires creativity in those around you.
What you’ll do:
- Create on-brand copy for one of the nation’s most influential ministries, aligning efforts with marketing and creative strategies and tactics across websites, blogs, social media, and emails.
- Collaborate with creative team to develop compelling digital content that helps our ministry tell its story.
- Aid associate creative director in grooming blog posts, videos, and static images for SEO keywords.
- Enforce in-house style and AP style best practices for consistency across all touchpoints.
- Build and maintain rapport, working closely with teams across creative, digital, marketing, as well as with
- executives, internal stakeholders, and vendors to achieve positive outcomes.
- Cultivate trust and professionalism, proactively communicating potential roadblocks with associate creative
- director, internal stakeholders, executives, and digital and marketing teams.
- Stay abreast of industry best practices, setting benchmark for excellence in copywriting.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, public relations, writing, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in copywriting, preferably within an ad agency environment.
- Versed in AP style; familiar with Chicago Manual of Style; and can acclimate to in-house style.
- Exceptional copywriting skills, including mastery of proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Digitally savvy, with an SEO copywriting background; proficient in MS Office suite and WordPress.
- Progressive portfolio showcasing copywriting in varying tones and voices.
- Experience creating compelling copy for diverse audiences across websites, blogs, emails, and social media.
- Copywriting background includes working for nonprofit clients, preferably for faith-based audiences.
- Talent for creating short- and long-form copy that’s biblically sound, engaging, and empowering.
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized, deadline driven, and excellent time management skills.
- Proactively seeks solutions to complex challenges and communicates potential roadblocks ahead of deadlines.
- Demonstrates solid critical thinking skills and psychological understanding to develop copy that’s intentional,
- sincere, and clever.
- Excellent communicator and attentive listener in group and one-on-one settings.
- Extensive experience working alongside graphic designers.
- Thrives in fast-paced, high-stress environments, managing multiple projects and priorities concurrently.
- Passionate about writing and creativity; enjoys creating copious copy under tight deadlines.
- Confident and humble spirit; works well independently and collaboratively to produce award-worthy work.
- 8-hour shift
- Must be flexible to work Sundays, Wednesday nights, and conferences and events.
- Copywriting: 3 years (Required)
- AP style: 2 years (Required)
- MS Office: 3 years (Required)
- WordPress: 2 years (Required)
- SEO copywriting: 2 years (Required)
- Copywriting for faith-based audience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- How do you ensure that your copywriting is intentional and relatable?
Please also submit a link to your portfolio.
- Work for an organization whose mission is to change lives
- Comprehensive benefit package including 401(k)
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off, plus holidays (and even your birthday!)
- Life Insurance
- Company values work-life balance
- Wear jeans to work every day (unless you have an important meeting of course!)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
In 1996, Bishop T.D. Jakes moved his church of 50 families from Charleston, W.Va. to Dallas and founded The Potter’s House church. Today more than 30,000 members comprise this multiracial, nondenominational church with nearly 60 active ministries. The ministries include programs for teenage mothers and abused women, a homeless outreach, a GED literacy program, an outreach for drug and alcohol abusers, and an AIDS ministry. Another highlight of The Potter’s House is the Prison Outreach Ministry. More than 325 prisons in 35 states have been impacted through this ministry. The ministry’s primary focus is to equip individuals by providing practical avenues for re-entering society. To learn more, visit www.thepottershouse.org.
T.D. Jakes Ministries is an equal opportunity employer; we provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.