Position: Administrative Assistant_Pastoral
Job ID: Admin Assistant
Date Listed: December 5, 2019
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the coordination, and management of schedules, activities, and providing administrative support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to manage a calendar and independently schedule appointments.
- Ability to screen incoming calls and from staff, media, community and business leaders and correspondence and responds accordingly under the direction of leadership when possible.
- Ability to prepare memorandums outlining and explaining communication procedures and policies to internal staff.
- Ability to organize programs, events, meetings or briefings by arranging for facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers and controlling event budget.
- Prepares agendas, notices, minutes for meetings.
- Ability to perform research and analytical analysis.
- May assist with arranging complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings for the department.
- Ability to represent the department in staff meetings and other functions when management is unable to attend.
- Must be able to reconcile and track EPO’s, billing and contracts, if needed.
- Take and transcribe dictation and compose and prepares confidential correspondence, reports and other complex documents.
- Performs complex and confidential secretarial functions including developing and typing taped dictation or written correspondence.
- Responds to routine external correspondence.
- Prepares expense reports and reimbursements.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of internal and external customers both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated ability in presentations, writing, and communication.
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters including correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Ability to create and maintain database and spreadsheet files.
- Ability to arrange complex and detail travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies executive director when requested.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and assignments.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required):
- Knowledge and experience working with for non-profits organizations required.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Skill in written and oral communication.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple job tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Remain open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of an organization.
- Ability to operate a variety of physical skills including but not limited to typing, sitting, walking, crouching, bending, and kneeling.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including but not limited personal computer, telephone, printer, and facsimile.
QUALIFYING EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University in Business Administration or any related field of study, or one to two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and /or Windows like interface, proficient use of Microsoft office suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access; ability to use Enterprise – wide information systems.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Such tasks shall be capable of being performed with reasonable accommodation, if necessary, that does not impair a business necessity or impose an undue business hardship and without presenting a direct threat to the safety to the applicant or others.