Position: Accounts Payable Associate
Job ID: Accounts Payable Associate
Date Listed: October 4, 2021
Compiles processes and maintains accounts payables records.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain and process invoices and match purchase orders in the Microsoft Dynamics SL system
- Verify approval on all invoices and check request
- Verify Coding of invoices
- Familiar w/ in-house wires, ACH, Bill pay. Positive pay procedures and other forms of payment methods
- Able to prepare and process ACH functions for multi locations
- Update and maintain vendor database
- Able to process and enter 100-200 invoices per week
- Audits and verifies, reimbursements and refunds
- Reconciles vendor statements
- Process returned travel cash and check/ refund checks w/warranty, deposit slip and prepare journal entry for returned cash
- Ability to process and follow up on rush items
- Maintain account payables files
- Coordinate with vendors and assist to recover all overdue/past due payments.
- Ability to analyze vendor accounts and negotiates extended terms with vendors when cash is restricted.
- Maintain and process requisitions in the Relogic system
- 1099 preparation
- Special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes Required:
- Ability to print all accounts payables reports
- Work flexible hours including Sundays and conferences; some travel maybe required.
- Able to work under-pressure situations and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
- Ability to complete monthly closings.
- Ability handles confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Detail-oriented, accuracy is vital.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel Outlook and accounting systems.
- Ability to make accurate arithmetic calculation
- Knowledge of Cash Management, Financial Procedures, and Financial Principles.
- Ability to perm a variety of physical skills including but not limited to seeing, typing, sitting, walking, crouching, and kneeling.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including but not limited to personal computer, telephone, printer, facsimile and scanner.
Qualifying Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or technical school; six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.