The Potter's House Deacon's Ministry under the able leadership of Bishop T. D. Jakes, and our own Pastor-in-charge, Pastor Rodney Derrick, are serving in excellence of Spirit, and striving to meet the ever growing needs of the church and its attendant ministries.
Our Goal is to be the most responsible, effective and respected Ministry at the Potters House. And to take ownership in supporting our churches Mission: “We are the voice and the hand that encourages people to change their lives with hope, comfort and peace."
As a Deacon of the Potter’s House we are committed to the following core values:
- Prayer and Fasting
- Must be totally Committed and Loyal to Bishop Jakes and the Deacon’s Ministry!
- Influencing generations by the power of our vision and by modeling the way.
- Dedicated to my assignments with at lease 80% participation, (i.e. 2 Wednesdays, 2 Sundays and 1st Saturday each month).
- Encouraging personal growth by developing and empowering from with in.
- Capitalizing on our strength of ethnic diversity and teamwork.
- Leaving a legacy of hope and promise to future deacons.
- Operate the ministry professionally and efficiently.
- Supporting Bishop’s initiatives, physically and financially.
1. Being accountable for our every word and action.
2. Be a role model in the way we serve in everything we do.
3. Treating each other with dignity and respect.
4. Support the Potter’s House Ministries to achieve their potential.
1. Provide the best servant leadership programs.
2. Increase communication and information.
3. Have a competent, responsible people building a strong team.
4. Improving the ministry by improving ourselves.
“…be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord….”
1 Corinthians 15:58
Over 2000 years ago, the Holy Spirit spoke a word to His Holy Apostles and told them how to order, organize, and ordain the Early Church. The Word that the Holy Spirit spoke in the 3rd Chapter of the Book of Acts was the word - Deacon. For indeed one of the offices that were instituted by the Holy Spirit and revered within the Early church was the Office of the Deacon. Ordained Deacon serves in communion service, baptismal service, weddings, funerals and ordination services. Serves in sensitive areas within the church. Marriage is a requirement.
Deacons in Training
Deacons in training are Deaconate candidates who are trained and tested to fulfill the functions of a Deacon within the church. Marriage is a requirement.
- Annual Christmas Banquet
- Deacons' and wives breakfast
- Deacons' Retreat
- Deacons' monthly meeting every 1st Saturday
- Deacons' prayer meeting every 3rd Sunday